TAKING A CLOSER LOOK
Our ultrasounds are free, confidential, and safe. An ultrasound gives you more information about your pregnancy.
I took a pregnancy test, why do I need an ultrasound?
An ultrasound can confirm that you are pregnant and that the new life is growing. An ultrasound can also determine how
far along you are or if you have an ectopic pregnancy (when the pregnancy develops outside the uterus). This information
is helpful in considering your options:
- How far along you are (gestational age)
- Is there a heartbeat (viable, or living)
- Intrauterine (inside the uterus)
What we don’t do
Choices Women’s Center of Fredericksburg does not provide ultrasounds in order to:
- Tell you if you’re having a boy or a girl
- Tell you who the father is
- Rule out new life abnormalities
We can refer you to an OB/GYN who provides complete prenatal care.